[Samba] Dir move confirmation

Patryk Wolowicz patryk.wolowicz at lsmw.pl
Mon Aug 28 21:06:21 GMT 2006

Hi everyone,

I was wondering whether Samba3 provides any way to enforce a displaying of a
confirmation dialog before moving a subdirectory within a share.

I administer a few Samba-based file servers in production environment (1PDC
+ 4BDCs + few member servers) - some of them store up to 300k files.
Users tend to lose information by - accidentally - moving some
files/subdirectories between directories.  Finding the lost information
inside such a vast shares is a time-consuming operation so I'd like to turn
on a displaying of a confirmation dialog. I know it is possible on MS W2k
Server. Is it possible on Samba3 ?

Samba3 (3.0.14/3.0.21c) is mainly installed on Linux Gentoo and Ubuntu
Dapper.

Regards,
/pawo
--