[Samba] samb 3 with the old shema samba and the root samba

azzouz y.azzouz at iut.univ-paris8.fr
Mon Aug 28 18:45:08 GMT 2006

hi,

I update my samba PDC from the 2 release to the 3 one and let my old
ldap release with the old shema (so using ldapsam_compat ).
All seem work fine (users can connect  from windows in the domaine ) but
the root samba (uidnumber=0) which name is manager couldn't login, so i
can't integrate windows workstation in the domaine. I create another one
with uid= root but no good result. smbd log show:

smbd[15808]: (pam_unix) session opened for user root by (uid=0)
smbd[15808]: (pam_unix) session closed for user root

but i am not connected !!!!!

thanks for help