[Samba] Caching authentication request

Yann Durieux yann.durieux at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 09:25:36 GMT 2006

Hi,

I've got some problem with samba (v3.0.22) on a linux (RedHat 4 ES)
running squid (2.5Stable6). My server has joined a WIndows Domain.

My problem is that from time to time, and usually on rush hour, Squid
runs out of authentication process and at the same time, winbind have
also no more authentication process free (winbindd: Exceeding 200
client connections, no idle connection found).

I've seen a bug opened for this problem but no answer yet (bugid : 3204)

I've also asked squid users about that, but nothing relevant for now.

Do you know if there is anyway of "caching" authentication request
with winbind or samba ?

I didn't find anything yet.

Thanks

Yann