[Samba] Insufficient access, no write access to parent when running smbpasswd -a

User 1 signmeup at lippogeneral.com
Thu Aug 24 03:37:01 GMT 2006

Dear Expert,

I am trying Samba LDAP  on my FC5, I run samba-3.0.21b-2, I met Insufficient
access, no write access to parent when running smbpasswd -a  (see below)

please advise .. what should I check .. ? I have googled and got nothing ..

Thanks a lot in advance

Regards
Winanjaya

[root at samba openldap]# smbpasswd -a testuser12
New SMB password:
Retype new SMB password:
ldapsam_modify_entry: Failed to add user dn=
uid=testuser12,ou=Users,dc=lippogen
eral,dc=com with: Insufficient access
        no write access to parent
ldapsam_add_sam_account: failed to modify/add user with uid = testuser12 (dn
= u
id=testuser12,ou=Users,dc=lippogeneral,dc=com)
Failed to add entry for user testuser12.
Failed to modify password entry for user testuser12