[Samba] How to get Samba's share directories

Logan Shaw lshaw at emitinc.com
Fri Aug 25 21:44:29 GMT 2006

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006, Nguyen Anh Phu wrote:
> Is there any tool that can get Samba service (share directory) and its
> full path? Maybe its output likes this:
>
> [share] /home/share
> [setup] /home/setup

In my own setup, I addressed this problem by creating a
top-level /share.  All Samba shares reside there.  If I
want to use disk space from a different filesystem and see
it under /share, I can use something like an automounter
(most automounters can mount local filesystems using a local
database), a "bind" mount in Linux, an "lofs" mount in
Solaris, etc.

   - Logan