[Samba] FW: having a ball

Kevin Gowan KGowan at assisecurity.com
Sat Aug 19 13:35:58 GMT 2006

________________________________

From: Kevin Gowan
Sent: Fri 8/18/2006 2:50 PM
To: samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: having a ball

Hello again,

I seem to be having a devil of a time getting my Samba Server going on the test bed without a hitch.  I have one WIN2003 as the PDC.  It's running DNS and WINS. Of course it's running ADS.  I don't have nsswitch.conf, ldap,krb5.conf, nsswitch.conf or winbind configured.  I see the server in the network neighborhood but when I click on one of it's shared drives I get user name and password.  I would like single sign on so that users can go about their daily business not knowing their fileserver is Linux.  I have included my smb.conf in this email.  If someone can point me in the right direction it would much appreciated.  I have tried different ways of setting it up using the Official Samba3 how to guide.  I know there has got to be a light at the end of this tunnel.

Kevin G

[global]
 unix charset = LOCALE
 workgroup = ZAUMINC