[Samba] Help: smbd & nmbd normal states

John Mason jmason at lim.com
Thu Aug 10 15:48:59 GMT 2006

Have you checked the output of testparm? Run it and see if it doesn't
like some configuration settings. I had very similar results when I had
some misspelled configuration settings.

And if that doesn't work, remove any and all log files, then add
loglevel = 10 to your smb.conf, then start the server, wait a bit, then
post the log files so we can help you debug the problem.