[Samba] Latest Samba for SuSE 9.0 ?!?

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Thu Aug 10 13:21:26 GMT 2006

On 06/08/10 11:23 (GMT+0200) Rory Vieira apparently typed:

> What is the latest version of Samba for SuSE 9.0, and where can I find it.
> Shame support was dropped for this one... still being used a lot...

If you have Win9x or OS/2 systems with files samba needs to access,
you'll most likely want to stick with samba 2 client and smbfs just a
little bit longer. smbfs support has just been dropped from the newest
2.6 kernels, and cifs lanman support to replace it isn't done baking
yet. If you're still on a 2.4 kernel maybe this isn't even an issue.
Server rpms from ftp://ftp.sernet.de/pub/samba/suse90-i386/ may be OK.
--
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time
we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."	Galatians 6:9 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409