[Samba] Latest Samba for SuSE 9.0 ?!?

Rory Vieira rory.vieira at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 14:46:10 GMT 2006

Robert,

> try this
> ftp://ftp.sernet.de/pub/samba/suse90-i386
> after all searching about the rpms is easy with google, and building
> rpms too , if you have a spec valid for suse 9.0.

Thanks for the links. They work fine ;)
And the spec file was one of the things I couldnt find.
I'm hoping you have got one?!? (or maybe even the source rpm?!?)

> if you wanna longer support why not using enterprise versions which have
> longer support, upgrading versions older than 2 years makes no sense  (
> my opinion ), after all why not switch to debian...i ll think they give
> longer updates as the only linux distro

Welll obviously no EE as it is going to cost my customer a lot more.
Second, I don't need no paid support from SuSE (that's MY job LOL).
Definaly not going to change distro at all.

I just need to update my customers to 9.3 when possible...

Cheers and thanks again,
--
Rory Vieira
rory dot vieira at gmail dot com