[Samba] SOLVED: OS X Tiger Share write problems

Mike Freitas mfreitas at banta.com
Wed Aug 2 17:59:56 GMT 2006

Thanks for the info.  I only implemented it for the 1 user that was
having an issue so hopefully that won't be a problem.  I tried just
about everything else I could think of with no luck.  Do you have any
ideas what might be causing the file lock problems?  I just want to
clarify the second part:

It is also not recommended to re-export nfs mounts through samba
(locking is one of the most important factors).

You suggest setting up samba on the machine with the home directories,
where the other machines mount from?  I'll have to look at the system
hosting the files, but it might be a suitable option to install samba on
there and turn off the home shares on the older machine.  Thanks.
       Mike