[Samba] SOLVED: OS X Tiger Share write problems

simo idra at samba.org
Wed Aug 2 17:47:32 GMT 2006

Without locking you may get into trouble.

While it is unlikely that more then one will work on the same home
directory at the same time using the same files, if that's happen then
well locking will not work properly and windows apps often rely on
locks.

It is also not recommended to re-export nfs mounts through samba
(locking is one of the most important factors).

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Samba Team GPL Compliance Officer