[Samba] SOLVED: OS X Tiger Share write problems

Mike Freitas mfreitas at banta.com
Wed Aug 2 17:43:15 GMT 2006

The problem was that samba was unable to lock the files and must have
assumed a permission error after that.  I had to change the arguments on
the mount command, the auto.home arguments are now as follows:

-fstype=nfs,exec,mand,rw,suid,sync,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,nolock
nas2:/users/&

I'm sure not all of them are needed and i'll start going though and
removing those that aren't, but it is working and nothing else seems to
be impacted at the moment.  I'm sure I'm not the only one with an older
machine still running, so I hope this may help someone that might
"expect to get support for samba 2.2.7 these days."  I'd like to think
that "When in doubt upgrade out" should only apply to windows.