[Samba] SOLVED: rpc command function failed! (NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED) trying to grant privileges - 3.0.23a

Paul Griffith paulg at cs.yorku.ca
Wed Aug 2 19:01:26 GMT 2006

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 12:37:43PM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Paul Griffith wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I am in the process of testing Samba 3.0.23a with our own passdb
> > plugin.
> > $ net -d 3 -S JAZZY rpc rights grant 'JAZZY\tech'
> >   SeMachineAccountPrivilege
> > Failed to grant privileges for JAZZY\tech (NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED)
> >   rpc command function failed! (NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED)
> >   return code = 1
> > -----
> >
> > What could be causing this error? The only thing that
> > catches my eyes is the following....
> >   lsa_io_sec_qos: length c does not match size 8
>
> I think you need to look at the server logs and not the
> client logs to debug this. I'm pretty sure this error message
> is not the problem though.

To fix this problem I had to create my own rid_algorithm,

(*pdb_method)->rid_algorithm = pdb_udb_rid_algorithm;

which returned false and also fix some of my own coding errors.

Just one last question in regards to rid_algorithm can I assume the
following?

return False if we don't generate our own rid - let Samba handle
return True if we generate our own rid - let our rid function handle

Thanks
Paul