[Samba] Unable to set ACLs using Windows Security Dialog Box

Linefeed Feed linux_giant at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 2 09:20:24 GMT 2006

Hi,
I configured Samba to act as a file server on RHEL4, Samba 3.0.10.
Everything worked as I expected except owning issue.
If an NT user created a folder on the share, it was getting its owner and
changing
"Owner Group" from "root" to "Domain Users".
I wanted to keep "Owner" and "Owning Group" through newly created folders as
well as subfolders.
So I compiled Samba 3.0.20 ,because of its "inherit owner" option that
supported since this version.
But after this upgrade, I could not set any acl on the Samba Server from
Windows explorer and
I get "Unable to save permission changes on Folder_Name. Access is denied"
message.

Another issue is that although I have added  some "named users" and "named
groups" as  Access ACL and "Default ACL" using setfacl command on the Samba
Server, only 3 access ACLs (owner,owner group,other)  are shown in Windows
Security dialog box for the folder, but others are not.

Any idea or clue?

Prompt response appreciated..Thanks,