[Samba] Hardware upgrade, Samba migration.

Niklas Palmqvist npalmqvist at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 09:41:52 GMT 2006

Hi there.

Thanks for an excellent product, it has been serving us well for many years!
However, have come across a problem that I need assistance with.

We're running Samba 3 on Debian Sarge, acting as PDCs for various LANs. Now
we are in the position where we need to upgrade some of our servers with new
hardware, i.e. a complete (new) server replacement.

After installing the base OS, how can I migrate my Samba users and machine
accounts etc? Is there a way to do this without doing it the manual way, i.e.
adding all users to passwd/smbpasswd and rejoining all clients to the domain
again?

Thanks,

Niklas