[Samba] How to restart samba with reboot

E eehines at comcast.net
Fri Apr 7 12:50:24 GMT 2006

You also can use chkconfig  <man chkconfig> to make the starts/stops
happen automatically on bootup /shutdown.

At least with SuSE and FC (I don't know about FreeBSD, but I suspect
it's not too different), you would be wanting to start/stop smb (and
later, as your setup gets more complex, winbindd, dhcpd, and whatever
your system is calling your DNS server--named, I think).  <chkconfig
--list> will give you a list of services and their current status.

Eric Hines

--
The mode in which the inevitable comes to pass is through effort.
	--Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr