[Samba] Win2K cannot retrieve print driver, XP is okay

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Fri Apr 7 06:52:50 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I'm having trouble persuading Windows 2000 to find the print driver on
a CUPS/Samba 3.0.20 server.  The whole system has been working
perfectly with Windows XP clients for the last couple of months, but we
have a few Windows 2000 PCs/servers that need to have the printers
installed, and when double-clicking on a shared printer the Win2K
machines are saying that the print server doesn't have the correct
driver installed.

I'm using the Adobe PS driver and I can't for the life of me work out
why it's working for XP but not Win2K - does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
Adam.