[Samba] How to restart samba with reboot

slash at thezoneinternet.com.au slash at thezoneinternet.com.au
Fri Apr 7 07:02:23 GMT 2006

This is seriously more a FREEBSD Question then anything, if you understand how
the rc scripts work you should simply run the following:

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/samba.sh

this will show you all the options of the rc script, in your case your after
reload to re-read the smb.conf

thus you would run "/usr/local/etc/rc.d/samba.sh reload"
or
"/usr/local/etc/rc.d/samba.sh restart"
to force samba to shutdown and start again!

this will work providing you used ports to install samba

otherwise you could issue "killall -HUP smbd" which is the same as
above however
sends a kill signal to the samba process to re-read the smb.conf...

hope that helps

--Chris Anders
www.anders.net.au