[Samba] How to Correct SWAT Root Userid & Password

Bob Perry rperry at gti.net
Mon Sep 26 06:24:28 GMT 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-25 at 18:42 -0600, John T Benedetto wrote:
> This is probably a stupid question, please don't get mad
> at me for asking, but I have learned to never assume!
>
> ...you ARE replacing "iptoswat" with the IP address of
> your server, aren't you?
>
> If you ARE, and it is still using the old password, try
> flushing the cache of your browser, or maybe using a
> different browser?  There is also the possibility that
> your browser has saved the password, and you need to
> remove it from within your browser's perferences.
>
> HTH
> - john
>
> On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 18:54:46 -0400
>   Bob Perry <rperry at gti.net> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2005-09-25 at 23:27 +0200, Henrik Zagerholm
> >wrote:
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> http://root@iptoswat:901
> >>
> >> //H

> >>than root the

> > Thanks for the quick response but, for some reason, I am
> >unable to
> > connect to the site.
> >
> > Bob

Thanks for not assuming.  For some reason, the browser (Firefox) and/or
SWAT, will not accept the root User ID and Password.  It does accept my
alternate user id/password however.
There may be another related problem.  I just noticed that if I login to
my system, FreeBSD RELEASE 5.4, as root, it doesn't prompt me for a
password.  I think my next step is to review my password file, etc.
SWAT may have a problem if don't have a bona fide root password.

Thanks