[Samba] samba PDC -- really stuck here

Chadley Wilson chadley at ngn.co.za
Mon Sep 5 11:23:39 GMT 2005

Greetings,

I am running RH9

I had the PDC running  but it wants to use roaming profiles, which I don't
really want, when I take out roaming profiles the none of the PCs can find
the domain controller. I have posted my globals section here could someone
please tell me what is wrong with it?

[global]
        domain master = yes
        pam password change = Yes
        add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g users
-s /bin/false -M %u
        encrypt passwords = yes
        time server = yes
        wins support = true
        max log size = 1000
        printer = hp4100 at 196.100.100.10
        security = user
        winbind trusted domains only = yes
        local master = yes
        print command = enscript -P%p %s --quiet
        netbios aliases = NGNDC
        default = office
        path = /home/office/office1
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        printing = lprng
        add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd  -g users -d /var/lib/nobody
-s /bin/false %m$
        update encrypted = yes
        logon path = \\%N\profiles\%u
        name resolve order = lmhosts host wins bcast
        valid users =
chadley,dave,gizelle,happy,heather,lee,louise,marcel,marco,natalie,nora,paul,pdc,pieter,pieterv,ryan,thuli,tracey,venessa,wade, at users
        printcap name = /etc/printcap
        admin users = @ntadmin
        logon script = /home/samba/profiles/logon.bat
        password server = 196.100.100.244
        passwd chat = *new*password* %n\n *new*password* %n\n *successfully*
        domain admin group = @ntadmin
        printer admin = @ntadmin
        domain logons = yes
        user = chadley