[Samba] file permissions with samba shares

Josh Kelley joshkel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 14:05:19 GMT 2005

On 10/19/05, Jack Malone <jmalone at horizonind.com> wrote:
> I am wondering if there is a way I can setup permission on
> directories in the directory that I have setup for samba shares so
> that no one can move or delete them. The problem I am having of late
> is that someone from within windows will move the directories around

Denying write permission to the parent directory should prevent
someone from deleting or moving child directories.

If that won't work, you might instead try using the audit or
extd_audit vfs module to log directory moves and deletions.  Then you
could at least get after the responsible party.

Josh Kelley