[Samba] file permissions with samba shares

Jack Malone jmalone at horizonind.com
Wed Oct 19 13:04:47 GMT 2005

I am wondering if there is a way I can setup permission on
directories in the directory that I have setup for samba shares so
that no one can move or delete them. The problem I am having of late
is that someone from within windows will move the directories around
. I think they do it not knowing they are doing it. Its happened
several times of late now. I have always found the missing directory
nested into another directory in the samba shares. thanks for any
info.   I am running just in workgroup setup with samba here no
domain in the picture. Running suse linux 9.3 as the os on the server.

jack malone