[Samba] samba/cups/lpq

Didier.roques at brive.unilim.fr Didier.roques at brive.unilim.fr
Wed Oct 19 13:11:38 GMT 2005

I use , cups and samba on a mandriva2006 linux box. (Cups is compiled
with samba.
"ldd /usr/sbin/smbd" give "libcups.so.2 => /usr/lib/libcups.so.2
(0xb7e55000)"
and i'd like to see the print queue of cups from the windows client.(Xp
for example) but i see nothing into the windows queueing.

Iv'e tried many things:
   - using  lpq command, etc..., to force a lpq command, and changing or
not printing = cups to validate the new lpq command
    - if i use the smbclient command (linux command) to connect to
printer defined onto the server
          smbclient -U user \\\\server\\printer and use the queue
command i see the the queue and files on it.

My printers are defined as raw, and the drivers are installed on each
windows client.

Printing is ok from windows client, the only problem is :
   - see the queue of the printers
   - disable printers
   - enable printers
   from the windows client.

So does anyone has a correct configuration wich permit these functions ?
thanks a lot

.[printers]
  comment = All Printers
  path = /var/spool/samba
  browseable = yes
  guest ok = yes
  writable = no
  printable = yes
  create mode = 0700
# =====================================
# print command: see above for details.
# =====================================
#   print command = lpr-cups -P %p -o raw %s -r   # using client side
printer drivers.
  print command = lpr-cups -P %p -o raw %s -r   # using client side
printer drivers.
 lpq command = lpstat -o %p
  lprm command = cancel %p-%j
#   print command = lpr-cups -P %p %s # using cups own drivers (use
generic PostScript on clients).
# If you install drivers on the server, you will want to uncomment this so
# clients request the driver
  use client driver = yes