[Samba] cups/samba/filename

Didier.roques at brive.unilim.fr Didier.roques at brive.unilim.fr
Wed Oct 19 13:12:56 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I use cups and samba on a mandriva2006 linux box. (Cups is compiled with
samba.
"ldd /usr/sbin/smbd" give "libcups.so.2 => /usr/lib/libcups.so.2
(0xb7e55000)"
and i'd like to see the correct filename printed,
not the samba filename smbprn.xxxxxx
is there a function in  samba ?

Any suggestions and examples are welcome !
thanks in adance

my conf
My printers are defined as raw, and the drivers are installed on each
windows client.

.[printers]
  comment = All Printers
  path = /var/spool/samba
  browseable = yes
  guest ok = yes
  writable = no
  printable = yes
  create mode = 0700
# =====================================
# print command: see above for details.
# =====================================
#   print command = lpr-cups -P %p -o raw %s -r   # using client side
printer drivers.
  print command = lpr-cups -P %p -o raw %s -r   # using client side
printer drivers.
 lpq command = lpstat -o %p
  lprm command = cancel %p-%j
#   print command = lpr-cups -P %p %s # using cups own drivers (use
generic PostScript on clients).
# If you install drivers on the server, you will want to uncomment this so
# clients request the driver
  use client driver = yes