AW: [Samba] Samba creating multiple isntances of the deamon

Louis van Belle louis at van-belle.nl
Fri Oct 14 12:24:45 GMT 2005

Hi, i think i have the same problem here also ,

i had a problem 2 weeks ago, my samba panic-ed, but i lost my logs with
the panic code in it.

now i see this:
 PID  USER      PR   NI  VIRT  RES  SHR  S %CPU  %MEM  TIME+      COMMAND
26991 root      16   0   13368 7784 4836 S 53.1  1.5   312:06.68   smbd

and i'm sure everybody logs out every day, and there are only 2 persons
who know's our root passwd. my and my collega
( and he is on holiday the basterd.. ;-))

Im running debian sarge, ldap , cups, and installed on last monday
nscd to get less load on ldap.

i have'nt restarted samba yet, because i can only that at 22:30.

other people also run debian and had samba panic's

Louis