AW: [Samba] Samba creating multiple isntances of the deamon

Benoit Gauthier gauthier at circum.com
Fri Oct 14 09:58:57 GMT 2005

(2005.10.14, 05:56)

> I have the same problem here on a Debian Sarge server.

OK. I have a Fedora 4 installation.

> - Do you use LDAP authentication?

No.

> - Do you use the name serving cache nscd?

No.

> - Do you use printing over Samba/CUPS?

No.

> - How is your login script called? I use a vbs login script that is
> called by the client's "run"-registry key.

You mean the Windows login script? There is none that I know of.

> - On my system, the bad processes can only be killed by kill -9, not
> by kill -15. Same on your system?

Yes, same here.

Thanks for your help!

Benoît

Benoît Gauthier, mailto:gauthier at circum.com
Réseau Circum inc. / Circum Network Inc.

Nouvelles/News http://circum.com

74, rue du Val-Perché, Gatineau, Québec (Canada) J8Z 2A6
+1 819.770.2423  télec. fax: +1 819.770.5196