[Samba] Active Directory to OpenLDAP+Kerberos on Linux

Akshay Guleria akshay.guleria at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 05:16:51 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have been working on Windows NT PDC to OpenLDAP+Samba migration
project and all is going on well, thanks to idealx.
Now, I want to now do migrate MS Windows 2000/2003 based Active Directory
to Linux+Samba+OpenLDAP+Kerberos.
Somehow, the impression that I am getting having gone through many
docs, including those from samba.org is that its not possible till
probably version Samba 4 is out.
My questions to the list:
1. Is there some way to achieve this migration. Windows AD to
Lnux+Openldap....Can someone point me to the right kind of
documentation.
2. If its not possible, then is it on the list of features of Samba 4.
That is " is it going to be there any soon". how soon? :)

Thanks
Akshay