[Samba] problems with samba 3 and termnal server

Lorenzo Pilotti 922354 at excite.it
Tue Oct 11 08:20:41 GMT 2005

hello folks

dont know if this is a faq:

a customer currently uses a Suse 9.2 pro with the last version of Samba to
share a folder containing data for an Enterprise Management program (Windows
based).

everything works fine with local clients (many 98s and 1 XP machine).

we have some (15) clients connecting to the ERP program via a Terminal Server
(Windows2K server). these clients often stuck in some requests for 5 to 15
minutes (randomly) and then unlock and continue working.

note that:
- the same folder on a Win2000 machine works fine (ie. no stucks)
-> this means it is a samba problem
- local clients work find
-> this means it is a terminal-server-related problem

i thought it was something related to oplocks and i have disabled them (level
1 AND level 2) but the problem is still here.

now I ***suppose*** this is something like:
- samba receives many connections from the same IP (the terminal server)
and has problems de-mux-ing the requests...

any ideas???????????

mny tnx in adv
greetings

loris

Accesso Internet Gratis per utenti Excite! Attivalo subito!
http://www.excite.it/hitech/accesso

Il Mio Excite. Personalizza la tua Home page Excite come vuoi tu!
http://www.excite.it

AAA/Relazioni. Sfoglia gli annunci e trova la tua anima gemella
http://www.excite.it/relazioni