[Samba] Re: MS SQL server and samba

Hans du Plooy hansdp-lists at sagacit.com
Sun Oct 9 18:04:58 GMT 2005

On Sunday 09 October 2005 03:47, jamrock wrote:
> Note that most people use Enterprise Manager to backup from SQL to the
> local drive.  They then use backup software to backup from disk to tape or
> disk to disk.

Thanks for the link - gives me an idea of where to start hacking on it.

We are actually using another product, Cortex Backupassist, which works like a
charm and has no problem backup up to a samba share.  But the guys who set up
the SQL server before us had Enterprise Manager do the backups to local disc.
These backups are now getting to big, and fill up the disc with every round.
And for the life of me I cannot get Enterprise Manager to delete that backup
schedule.  So I thought, well, double backups isn't such a bad idea, I just
need to get them diverted somewhere else...

Thanks
Hans