[Samba] Re: MS SQL server and samba

jamrock news_jamrock at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 9 01:47:51 GMT 2005

Perhaps this will help.

It shows the conditions under which SQL Server will backup to a remote
drive.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555128

UNC pathnames are preferred.  Mapped drives are unreliable.

Note that most people use Enterprise Manager to backup from SQL to the local
drive.  They then use backup software to backup from disk to tape or disk to
disk.

Backup up over the network from within SQL server uses up a lot of network
bandwidth.

Let me know if this works with Samba.

news:200510081553.53691.hansdp-lists at sagacit.com...