[Samba] Re: SAMBA/PDC + LDAP HELP please? => For your profiles.

Louis van Belle louis at van-belle.nl
Fri Oct 7 13:51:52 GMT 2005

realy,

thank you for notifing me..

but why is this then in the manual
http://us2.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/ProfileMgmt.html
Windows XP Service Pack 1
There is a security check new to Windows XP (or maybe only Windows XP
service pack 1).
It can be disabled via a group policy in the Active Directory. The policy is
called:
Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\User Profiles\
          Do not check for user ownership of Roaming Profile Folders
( is same as  CompatibleRUPSecurity"=dword:00000001 )
And yes this is also in SP2.

I used this to avoid problems, and it works for me.
As i see in the sambalist lots of people have the same problems and
questions
so therefor i give them my working config, And this is what i did.
that of the requiresignorseal / signsecurechannel i didnt know,
so im going to test this in my 2e office location. thank you voor notifing
me for that.

the "ExcludeProfileDirs" is used in my default user profile.
and this are the default directories :
Geschiedenis, Local Settings, Temp en Temporary Internet Files

default there is also "Local Settings".. and i want these to move also
in to the profile dir on the server, there are files in i need
when users move to an other pc.
for example.
%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook  (
extend.dat )
Stores a reference to which extensions (addins) you have loaded.

%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Credentials
Contains setting of my users, so i excluded this out of the
excludeprofiledir

just some comment..

Louis