[Samba] Re: SAMBA/PDC + LDAP HELP please? => For your profiles.

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Oct 7 12:39:16 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 08:54 +0200, Louis van Belle wrote:

> when this is done.
>
> add 2 registry keys.
> /cut_here
> REGEDIT4
> ; do not roam the following folders
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
> "ExcludeProfileDirs"="Temporary Internet Files;History;Temp"
>
> ;-------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ; force Windows XP Professional clients to accept Samba as a PDC
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters]
> "requiresignorseal"=dword:00000000
> "signsecurechannel"=dword:00000000
>
> ;-------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ; Do not check for user ownership of Roaming Profile Folders
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System]
> "CompatibleRUPSecurity"=dword:00000001
> /cut_here

-----
I hate to see people encouraged to apply unnecessary fixes that were
suggested to work around issues that were created as temporary solutions
to the moving target of Windows.

requiresignorseal / signsecurechannel issues have long since been fixed
in Samba - no need for those registry changes - this was a Samba 2.x
issue.

I am pretty certain that the 'CompatibleRUPSecurity' registry patch
isn't needed any longer as well, I think that was an issue created from
original release of WinXP SP1

The 'ExcludeProfileDirs' - those folders should have been excluded
automatically.

Craig

believed to be clean.