[Samba] AS/U as a member server on a SAmba PDC

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Nov 26 06:09:14 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 18:05 +0100, Lapin(c) wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> I actually managed to join AS/U (version 4.0 on AIX) into a domain, with a
> Samba PDC. Samba tells me that the AS/U server is a member, but there is
> still some failing dialog between AS/U and Samba. For instance, I can't
> access to AS/U's shares, it seems that I fall into a timeout, and more
> presumably a schannel error (even increasing log level gives me few
> informations...).
>
> Samba is 3.0.4. I've seen a 'enable asu support' in 3.0.20, could this
> option deals with that problem ?

You should always run the latest Samba, if at all possible.  The option
here was due to a change in functionality that would allegedly break
ASU, but be more like windows by default.  That is, there was an old
comment in the code, and some fear that a change might have broken
AS/U.

If you post more debugging details (logfiles, pcap format network
sniffs, etc) to the list, one of the Samba3 maintainers might have a bit
more of a clue what is going on.

Andrew Bartlett