[Samba] NTLM & Kerberos.

Meli Marco Marco.Meli at gknsintermetals.com
Tue Nov 15 08:48:16 GMT 2005

Hi all,
I'm working with samba 3.0.20a on Suse9.2, with followings files setted:

[global]
        netbios name = NAME
        wins server = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
        workgroup = DOMAIN
        realm = DOMAIN.COM
        security = ADS
        password server = *
        encrypt passwords = yes
        allow trusted domains = Yes
        winbind use default domain = Yes
        winbind separator = /
        winbind enum users = Yes
        winbind enum groups = Yes
        winbind nested groups = Yes
        idmap uid = 10000-100000
        idmap gid = 10000-100000
        admin users = ***
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        log level = 10 acls:10
        max log size = 50
        nt acl support = Yes
        map acl inherit = Yes
        hide unreadable = Yes
        ldap ssl = No
[data]
        comment = DATA repository
        path = /data
        read only = No
I have followings permissions folders setted:

/data 						read permissions to domain
users and evryone
	/user 					read permissions to domain
users
		/user_one 			owned by user_one excluded
permissions by everyone
		/user_two 			owned by user_one excluded
permissions by everyone
		/user_three 			owned by user_one excluded
permissions by everyone

Why with Parameter "hide unreadable = Yes" and I'm logged in as user_one I
can't see my personal folder since I have full permissions on it?
This behaviour isn't what I'm expected and it happened only by my samba file
server was joined to ADS while when joined to NT4 it worked.
Using Etheral I can only see that in the case Kerberos authentication
failes, NTLMSSP perform authentication task and in this case ACL settings
behaviour works as I'm expected as in NT4 style.
Thanks.
Marco.