[Samba] Homes on different server...

Olivier Houde ohoude at drummonddesigns.com
Fri Nov 11 14:15:53 GMT 2005

Hi list
is there any way to specify on wich server a user's home is ?   Let me
explain myself...   I have a Samba3 PDC here at the head office using
LDAP as an authentication backend. We have offices in other cities and
we would like them to be on the same domain. All those offices are
linked using VPNs. I have no problem to configure LDAP and Samba to work
together. The problem is that i want all those offices to be completely
independant in case the VPN link goes down. For that, i need to split
all my user's home between the BDCs and the PDC (depending in wich
office the user is working), if want the users to still have an access
to their home and profiles. I have an LDAP master here and a LDAP slave
in each office. How can i tell samba that depending on the user, its
home is on a different server ?  Can i use LDAP for that ?  If it's
possible, how can i do that ?  Should i use an other solution ?  Trusted
domain instead ?

Thanks
Olivier Houde