[Samba] Migrating same domain

Pablo Chamorro C. pchamorro at ingeominas.gov.co
Fri Nov 11 20:04:09 GMT 2005

> This weekend, we're replacing a customer's Windows 2003 server with a
> Samba box. They lost their Windows media and we can't reset the
> administrator password, so we can't even login to the server to examine

anyway, to reset that passwd perhaps this works for you:

http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

> Given this scenario, are we best off creating a new domain? It would be
> nice if we could migrate the oild domain so it's transparent to the
> users. If it's not possible, would it be if we had admin access to the

this is the same question that I have for everybody, e.g. if I want to
upgrade my linux/samba server can I do it transparently?

thanks,

Pablo Chamorro C.

--
Tel: +57 (2) 7314752/3222/2595 - Fax: +57 (2) 7310514
Carrera 31 #18-07 Parque Infantil - PO Box 1795 - Pasto