[Samba] Samba with AD auth ------(reply from Dgoch)

Daniel Gochenour dgochenour at thielegeotech.com
Thu Nov 10 15:46:45 GMT 2005

The Samba 3.0 server did something very similar here this weekend.  The
machine is a RHEL 3 with all of the updates applied to it before ver. 4 came
out and it was authenticating against a Windows 2000AD for 14 months without
any problems until November 05 2005 and then after a brief reboot on the
machines over the weekend they stopped "talking" to each other.
The problem has been persistent with a handful of users every morning this
week not being able to authenticate to the Linux box.  I wonder if it is
using cached user credentials and not forwarding to the LDAP (AD) server
I will have to wait for the weekend again to take the machine completely off
line to try to track down the bug.

Does anyone think this has to do with a recent Windows Update?

Dan