[Samba] MS Access macro's running very slowly

Gibbs, Simon Simon.Gibbs at informa.com
Thu Nov 10 12:25:36 GMT 2005

Looks like increasing the send and receive buffers has done the trick so far
- although that page has given me a few extra things to look at/think about
in the future.

Thanks for that.

> From: Gerald Drouillard <gerrylist at drouillard.ca>
> Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 14:06:58 -0500
> To: "Gibbs, Simon" <Simon.Gibbs at informa.com>
> Cc: "samba at lists.samba.org" <samba at lists.samba.org>
> Subject: Re: [Samba] MS Access macro's running very slowly
>
> Gibbs, Simon wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I¹ve recently migrated to a Samba3 server and everything seems to be running
>> well apart from a problem with some users that run macros in MS Access.
>> I¹m told that a process which used to take 15min on the old W2K server took
>> over an hour on the new samba box.
>>
>> After having a scan through the archives I think the problem may be related
>> to oplocks/locking but I¹m pretty sure I¹ve got these setup OK.
>> Checking usage through top and vmstat shows that the server isn¹t overloaded
>> so I guess there may be a problem in my config somewhere.
>>
>> If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
>> Thanks
> Have a look at:
> http://drouillard.ca/Tips&Tricks/Samba/Oplocks.htm
>
> --
> Regards
> Gerald Drouillard
> Technology Architect
> Drouillard & Associates, Inc.
> http://www.Drouillard.ca

The information contained in this email message may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited. Although this message and any attachments are believed to be free of viruses, no responsibility is accepted by T&F Informa for any loss or damage arising in any way from receipt or use thereof.  Messages to and from the company are monitored for operational reasons and in accordance with lawful business practices.
If you have received this message in error, please notify us by return and delete the message and any attachments.  Further enquiries/returns can be sent to postmaster at tfinforma.com