[Samba] What do I do now???

Paul Eggleton paule at cjntech.co.nz
Thu Nov 10 03:48:59 GMT 2005

Hi Roger,

You wrote on Thursday, 10 November 2005 11:50 a.m.:
> mount -t smbfs //oldpc/tmp /media/remote/mnt/tmp -o
> password=validrootpassword, username=root The system seems to hang
> for about a minute, I get back to the root prompt and no errors of
> any type where given.

Bear in mind that smbfs is actually part of the kernel, it is not part
of the Samba project. Perhaps you could try using smbclient to test it
first, eg.

smbclient //oldpc/tmp -U root

This assumes that root has already been set up as a Samba user on oldpc
using smbpasswd.

Cheers,
Paul

PS could you please use a few more line breaks in your emails? It makes
it much easier to read. Thanks.

Paul Eggleton                  Ph:    +64-9-4154790
Software Developer             Fax:   +64-9-4154791
CJN Technologies Ltd.          DDI:   +64-9-4154795
http://www.cjntech.co.nz       Email: paule at cjntech.co.nz