[Samba] Remote Desktop Users as ADM-template?

Florian Effenberger floeff at arcor.de
Mon May 30 19:10:42 GMT 2005

Hi Thomasz,

> I will know today later or tomorrow perhaps, as I will roll out a new
> Samba domain with XP clients.

that would be great! Maybe we can compare our settings then. I read via
Google Groups that XP non-admin users normally *cannot* logon via RDP.
You have to add them to the list I mentioned, possibly adding them into
the (local!) Remote Users Groups would be working, too. However, no clue
on how to achieve that with a policy.

Maybe you made some settings in the templates that make RDP possible for
non-admins, maybe it's a setting in the AD.

>> Would you mind checking the contents of
>> Start\Settings\Control Panel\System\Remote\Remote Users
>> for me? Whats listed in there?
> so the first one was checked, the one below not.

What do you mean by first and last one?

Thanks
Florian