[Samba] Problem in fetching usernames of a group

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Wed May 25 07:48:16 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 24 May 2005 02:43, Chin Teongli wrote:
> Hello,
> I have configured a Samba PDC on FC3... The Samba version is 3.0.10
> The group members are fetched with the following commnd
> #> net rpc MEMBERS 'groupname' -U administrator%secret...
> When I have a user called 'aaa' and a group called 'aaa' and user 'aaa'
> belongs to group 'aaa', then fetching of users through the above command
> returns 1 which means ther is an error. There is no such error displayed
> however.

Do NOT have user names and group names with the same name, this will not work.

> only when the username and groupname are same I have this problem..
> any suggestions would help

Do NOT do this. The name space in Windows network must be unambiguous.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Samba-Team Member