[Samba] Domain Users group howto...

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Mon May 16 19:13:46 GMT 2005

On Monday 16 May 2005 12:43, Vincent Yonemitsu wrote:
> I have setup samba 3 as a PDC for a set of computers that previously had
> Domain Users setup to run as local admins under XP, so that anyone that
> has logged into the domain has local admin access. Whats the best way to
> replicate this setup so that I don't have to go around to each computer
> and change the local security policy?
>
> Is there a way to assign users to the group domain users?
> or would i just do something like
> net groupmap modify ntgroup="Domain Admins" unixgroup=smbusers

net rpc group addmem "Administrators" "Domain Users" -S MAGGOT
-Uadministrator%secret

Where MAGGOT is the remote Windows client. This can be done from the Samba PDC
or BDC. It can be scripted.

> and make everyone an user in smbusers?

net rpc user add 'user_name' -Uroot%secret
net rpc password 'username' 'new_secret' -Uroot%not24get

How does that sound? There will soon be a new chapter in the
Samba-HOWTO-Collection that documents use of the 'net' command for local and
remote management.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra