[Samba] File Modify/Delete Problems with Samba 3.0.14a and Windows XP

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue May 10 19:03:53 GMT 2005

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 08:20:03PM +0200, Hans Otto Lunde wrote:
> Hi Federico
>
> I have the same problems that you describe.
> Using force group with Samba 3.0.14a casues problems as
> described by you and me (see "force group broken in 3.0.14 in the
> May archive") for Win XP Pro SP2 clients.
> Win 98 Clients - no problems
> Win XP Pro SP1 - no problems up a certain point/update which I haven´t
> nailed down yet.
> I have not tried to roll back Samba as you did, but that also solved
> the problem?!
>
> It seems as some unhappy combination of changes within XP but also
> within Samba. I really love this kind of shit - undocumented as it
> propably is......
> My problem is that we could just change the configuration to something
> that works, like force user f.eks, but I like the way it works now.
> But I wonder why everybody is ignoring our threads: I think the problem
> is relevant, and I'm pretty sure that I have a theoretically correct
> configuration.
>
> What are we going to do about it. Call Microsoft and/or Tridqell?

Well personally I'd rather you tested the current code in SVN to
see if we've fixed it for you yet :-). I think that'd be more
helpful :-).

Seriously, I've put some fixes into SVN for this, and when Jerry
does the next pre-release if you can't get anonymous SVN access
then you should be able to test the code. Please let me know
if it is fixed for you (it works for me now).

Thanks,

	Jeremy.