[Samba] Read-only and POSIX ACLs

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue May 10 19:25:49 GMT 2005

Hi all,

	I can make a simple change to smbd for the next stable
release that will cause POSIX ACLs to be checked before returning
the DOS mode of a file is "read-only". This will fix the case
that people are complaining about where a POSIX ACL allows write
access to a file but the standard owner "w" bit is missing (smbd
currently returns DOS read-only for that case if the DOS attributes
are not being stored in EA's).

The question is, shall I make that change and if so should I have
a fallback parameter to turn off the behaviour if people require
it ?

Comments please (btw: I have to be out in the UK all this week
but will try and work on things intermittently).

Jeremy.