[Samba] File Modify/Delete Problems with Samba 3.0.14a and Windows XP

Hans Otto Lunde ho at egmont-hs.dk
Tue May 10 18:20:03 GMT 2005

Hi Federico

I have the same problems that you describe.
Using force group with Samba 3.0.14a casues problems as
described by you and me (see "force group broken in 3.0.14 in the
May archive") for Win XP Pro SP2 clients.
Win 98 Clients - no problems
Win XP Pro SP1 - no problems up a certain point/update which I haven´t
nailed down yet.
I have not tried to roll back Samba as you did, but that also solved
the problem?!

It seems as some unhappy combination of changes within XP but also
within Samba. I really love this kind of shit - undocumented as it
propably is......
My problem is that we could just change the configuration to something
that works, like force user f.eks, but I like the way it works now.
But I wonder why everybody is ignoring our threads: I think the problem
is relevant, and I'm pretty sure that I have a theoretically correct
configuration.

What are we going to do about it. Call Microsoft and/or Tridqell?

Hans Otto Lunde
Egmont Højskolen
Denmark