[Samba] Samba BDC in the same subnet not gettingconnection requests

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Tue May 10 16:43:58 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 10 May 2005 10:32, Prakash Velayutham wrote:

> >Prakash Velayutham wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>Sorry for posting again. I would really appreciate any help with this.
> >>
> >>I have a Samba 3 PDC running with around 20 Windows XP/2K clients. The
> >>PDC and clients are in different subnets. Rrecently I decided to add
> >>a Samba 3 BDC in the same subnet as the clients, to give some failover
> >>and also to reduce across-switch traffic.
> >>After creating the BDC, I restarted one of the clients but don't see

I believe the windows client will try to access the first DC entry it receives
in the response from the WINS server for the list of domain netlogon servers.
If your BDC is not first in the list it will be used by fall-back only if all
DCs ahead of it fail to respond or are not available.

- John T.