[Samba] Samba & Win2k AD domain membership

Rodre Ghorashi-Zadeh rodre at conduitcorp.net
Mon May 9 16:35:55 GMT 2005

Hello,

Thanks for your response. So if I understand this correctly, the Kerberos
authenticates the client for access to the share, but the smbusers file maps
Windows accounts to UNIX accounts for file system access on the Samba
server? Also, if I use the "force user =x" parameter on the share would I
still be able to have the Windows "Domain Admins" group perform
Read/Write/Delete operations on the share, and the "Domain Users" group
perform only Read operations? If so, could you please provide a smb.conf
example? Thanks again.

~ Rodre