[Samba] owner and group permission

Joey Esquibal jaesquibal at meridiantelekoms.com
Thu May 5 01:17:42 GMT 2005

Hi Tonni!

Thanks for the reply. Actually, the gidNumber 1064 from my samba server
was the group who are allowed the access the shared folder. Originally
the owner was actually root and that the bases of my sharing of every
folder was the group. If I have the group allowed to read, write and
execute then there shouldn't be no problem even if the owner is root.
However, when one user saves his file then he will be the owner of that
file and that I am forcing the group to be for example 1064 to allow
other members of the group to view or edit the file.

I am also using LDAP as my main database for SAM and then using the
smbpasswd database to authenticate each user.
As you can see from the RH7.3 permissions, the "owner" and "group" was
actually using the local account created from that machine. Mandrake
does not do the same behaviour as the RH7.3 and RH9. I think this has
something to do with smbclient but I need to confirm this with you "the
experts" :-)

Thank you.

--
...Choose friends of various ages in varying situations.
Acquintance I would have, but when't depends