[Samba] wbinfo -u

Nir B nir at icomverse.com
Tue May 3 13:05:08 GMT 2005

Hi All,

I added Linux machines to my AD domain, my problem is that sometimes user
from the AD fail to login  (I get the following on /var/log/messages:
pam_winbind[10904]: request failed: No such user, PAM error was 10, NT error
was NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER)
I run the command "wbinfo -u" and got only partial users list (around 20%
from my AD users)
To solve this I need to restart the winbind service
I'm using samba-3.0.13-1 and my AD DC's are Windows 2000

Any idea how to solve this without restarting the service?

Thanks In Advanced!

Nir B