[Samba] Migrating Fileservers to LDAP

Adam Engel adamengel at specializedbusinesssoftware.com
Tue May 3 13:21:50 GMT 2005

Hey All,

I have been put incharge of migrating all of our fileservers to use LDAP
authentication in order to sync passwords and accounts with our LDAP
server. I have a few questions in order to make this a smooth process.

1) Some users have accounts on 1 or more of our fileservers, as well as
an account with our LDAP server, same username but passwords aren't
synched.  If I have the server join the domain, what consequences or
problems will I have with the user accounts. Obviously the gid/uid's
wont be the same on the servers. Will the 'Local' users be enforced
instead of the domain user accounts when it comes to the files?

Thanks Much!!

Adam